1. All bookings are made with Ascent Explorers
2. A Provisional Booking is made on receipt of a completed Booking Form by Ascent Explorers. Receipt of a 40% deposit or full payment will constitute a Reserved Booking. For bookings made less than 4 weeks prior to the course starting, payment in full is required.
3. Once a Reserved Booking has been made, Ascent Explorers will email the client confirming receipt of the deposit paid and confirming the booking as reserved.
4. The balance of the course cost in full must be received no later than 4 weeks prior to the course starting. Ascent Explorers reserves the right to reassign course vacancies should balances not be received within 4 weeks of courses starting. In such circumstances, any monies paid to that date will be returned in full.
5. Ascent Explorers recognises that climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement. Although it is our intention to operate this itinerary as printed, it may be necessary to make some changes as a result of flight schedules, climatic conditions, limitations of infrastructure or other operational factors. As a consequence, the order or location of overnight stops and the duration of the day may vary from those outlined. You should be aware that some events are beyond our control and we would ask for your patience.
6. When making a booking, it is implied that the client has read and understood these terms and conditions and agrees to abide by them.
Cancellation By The Client
1. All cancellations must be made in writing and the date of cancellation shall be the date of receipt by Ascent Explorers
2. The client’s insurance may provide cover against unavoidable cancellation.
3. Refunds will not be made with less than 2 weeks notice for weekend exercises. Your refund prior to this deadline will be the full amount minus any non-refundable costs incurred by Ascent Explorers during the booking/security process. These are typically unique to each exercise. Please ask about these before booking.
4. Refunds will not be made with less than EIGHT weeks notice for overseas expeditions. Your refund prior to this deadline will be the full amount minus any non-refundable costs incurred by Ascent Explorers during the booking/security process. Again, these are typically unique to each expedition. Please ask about these before booking.
Cancellation By Ascent Explorers
1. Every attempt will be made by Ascent Explorers to ensure that courses will run as set in the itinerary. However, Ascent Explorers reserves the right to cancel a course at any time prior to start of the course if Ascent Explorers believes there are reasonable grounds for cancellation due to unsuitable conditions.
2. In the event that Ascent Explorers has to cancel a course, the following options will be offered to clients with a Provisional or Reserved Booking on that course:
a. A full refund of all monies paid to that date.
b. A place on an identical course at an alternative date.