Island & Lobuche Peak Himalayan expedition
"Through hardship friendship is built, through friendship great things are accomplished!"
Located between the Ama Dablam and Lhotse Mountains chains and on the top of Chhukung Glacier, the most hunted after trekking destination is the Island Peak expedition because it offers an excellent opportunity to achieve a Himalayan Summit of 6173m even without any ideal climbing skills. This wonderful Island Peak expedition takes you into the heart of the mountain, Khumbu region, which offers an unforgettable and magnificent close-up views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and many more. Island peak was renamed “Imje Tse” in the early ’80s, though its original name is still more popular. The mountain was named “Island Peak” in 1952 AD due to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an island on a sea of ice. Island Peak has an impressive highly glaciated west face that rises from the Lhotse Glacier which is a bit tough to do, however the magnificent views from the summit are certainly a fitting reward for our efforts.
Below you'll find a list of upcoming expeditions, with the number of places still available, the total cost and the deposit required to secure a place. Should no expeditions be available, please contact us to see what we can do for you. Bespoke personally tailored expeditions can also be accommodated.
Sorry, there are currently no upcoming dates with spaces available for this expedition, but we're probably arranging another as you read this. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements
Requirements & Technicality
Our Photographer And Photography
Ascent Explorers photographer joins us on many of our UK tours and training programs to capture group images through the program duration. A selection of images are shared on social media sites such as Facebook (please inform us if you individually prefer this not to happen) Digital copies, prints are available upon request.
Through hardship, friendship is built. Through friendship, great things can be accomplished.
- Day 01: – Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel-1350m
- Day 02: – Preparation day in Kathmandu-1350m
- Day 03: – Kathmandu to Lukla flight & trek to Phakding-2610m
- Day 04: – Phakding to Namche Bazar-3440m
- Day 05: – Rest/Acclimatize day in Namche Bazar-3440m
- Day 06: – Namche Bazaar to Tengboche-3860m
- Day 07: – Tengboche to Dingboche-4410m
- Day 08: – Dingboche Rest/ Acclimatize day-4410m
- Day 09: – Dingboche to Chukhung-4730m
- Day 10: – Rest/ Acclimatize day-4730m
- Day 11: – Chukhung to island peak base camp-5080m
- Day 12: – Island Peak Base Camp to high camp-5600m
- Day 13: – Ascent of Island peak (6189 m) & back to Chukhung-4730M
- Day 14: – ChuKhung to Thukla-4645M
- Day 15:- Thukla to Lobuche-4910M
- Day 16:- Loboche to Lobuche peak Base camp-5290m.
- Day 17:- Rest/Acclimatize day- 5290m.
- Day 18:- Lobuche Base camp to High camp-5430m
- Day 19:- Summit to Lobuche 6119m. & Back to Base camp- 5290m.
- Day 20:- Base camp to Pangboche-3900M
- Day 22:- Pangboche to Namche-3440M
- Day 23:- Namche to Lukla-2840M
- Day 24:- Lukla to Kathmandu fly out-1350m
- Day 25:- Rest day in Kathmandu -1350m
- Day 26:- Final departure from Kathmandu.
Flights & Travel Information
Ascent Explorers understands what adventure travel is all about, which is why we are proud to partner with a specialist team of travel consultants for great deals on flights to all destinations.
We work hard to bring you the best flight routes and tickets, accommodation, travel passes, tours, volunteer placements - the works. Quite simply Ascent is your travel agency; you can shoot any question to our dedicated travel manager and we'll be sure to steer you in the right direction. Along with all the advice that we can offer; there are a few other reasons to book with us:
To book your flights or to discuss your requirements, please call our dedicated flight account manager, Ellie Gilmore on 0808 260 9953
- Unrivalled product knowledge and expertise.
- Passionate about travel – we will do everything they can to create your perfect travel experience.
- We promise to offer you the best airfare solution to suit your needs.
- 24 hour emergency assistance helpline.
- Access to 'Travel Butler', a service which offers you support whilst you are travelling by providing:
- One point of contact – we provide your very own Personal Travel Advisor wherever you may be.
- Free help and advice on ticket date and reschedule changes (free of charge revalidation of ticket where possible).
- Part of a $12billion organisation that offers you security and utilises global buying power to save you money.
Kit list: Clothing & General Gear
- Thermal underwear top
- Pair of warm trousers
- Mid layer shirt or fleece
- Fleece or pile jacket
- 1 Pair of good quality insulated mitts
- 1 Pair of thermal gloves
- Two pairs of thick socks
- Ordinary socks, shirts and underwear
- Warm hat or Balaclava
- Sun Hat
- Cool general clothing
- KFS set / Mug/ Plate/s
- Alarm Clock/Watch
- Windproof/waterproof shell gear (cagoule and over trousers)
- Rucksack with at least 50-70 litres
- Trekking Boots
- Plastic /or double leather Boots that will take crampons
- 1 Ice axe
- Good 4 season sleeping bag
- Karrimat or Thermarest
- 2x Screw gate carabiners
- One litre water bottle
- Pair of good quality sun glasses
- Pair of goggles
- Sunscreen/lip screen factor 20+
- Personal Blister Kit and First Aid
- Head torch plus spare battery/bulb
- Your Passport
- Photocopy of your passport details
- Passport photos x4 for visa & climbing permits
- Ascent Explorers Kit List recommend essential personal equipment required for you to bring and use on this expedition. Please note, it is for your own safety and comfort that we recommend these items; Ascent Explorers will not take responsibility in the likelihood of any missed, lost, damaged or forgotten items stated. Additional personal items are encouraged but, please take into consideration the extra flight baggage weight and personal carrying load whilst on expedition.
Discounted Equipment Hire
Ascent Explorers have teamed up with Outdoor Hire to provide the hire of top quality equipment at the most affordable prices.
To hire all or any of the kit list for this expedition from the Outdoor Hire website, please click here.
Make sure you use our exclusive discount code AEXOH966
for an additional 10% saving.
– Airport pick-up and drop-off.
– Welcome dinner.
– Hotel in Kathmandu (4 nights bed and breakfast).
– Domestic return flight to and from Lukla.
– Domestic airport tax.
– Main meals on the trek (breakfast/lunch/dinner).
– Climbing permits.
– National park fee.
– UK expedition leader.
– expedition photography.
– Experienced local climbing guide & team leader.
– Teams cards.
– Local support staff from Lukla.
– Tent and camping charges.
– Food, cooking kit & gas.
– Emergency oxygen supply.
– International flights & taxes.
– UK transfers.
– Meals in Kathmandu, except welcome dinner (beverages and alcoholic drinks not included).
– Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek.
– Personal climbing equipment & clothing.
– Personal expenses.
– Personal medical and evacuation insurance.
– Charges for any additional services.
Prices, Booking and Terms & Conditions
The total cost for this expedition is £
and a deposit of £
is required to secure your place.
For further information concerning our Terms and Conditions, bookings and cancellations, please refer to our Terms and Conditions page
(Opens in new window).
Need help? Call: 0208 500 3323 or 07967 589289 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm GMT)
Participation & Accuracy Statement
Ascent Explorers recognises that climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.
Although it is our intention to operate this itinerary as printed, it may be necessary to make some changes as a result of flight schedules, climatic conditions, limitations of infrastructure or other operational factors. As a consequence, the order or location of overnight stops and the duration of the day may vary from those outlined. You should be aware that some events are beyond our control and we would ask for your patience.
Join This Expedition